Eleven 3rd year Fine Arts students from the Royal Academy of Art (the Hague) are organizing a group exhibition at Kunstlinie Almere in February 2012, retaining the transparent-concrete hidden spaces in the building created by Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa.

Their starting point is a poem by Fernando Pessoa, or more "personally", Alberto Caeiro. This is a blog consisting of their internal procedure and sharing of ideas/wishes/memories/expectations/joys/sorrows etc.

Exhibition Artists

  • Ai Kato
  • Evelien Gransjean
  • Filipa Esteves
  • Hanae Wilke
  • Lies de Rooij
  • Linde Gadellaa
  • Malyssa Ten Hove
  • Marthe Venema
  • Silben de Jonge
  • Teun Verheij
  • Vicky Kooman

Monday, December 5, 2011



VII

From my village I see as much in the Universe as you can see from earth...
So my village is as big as any other land
Because I’m the size of what I see,
Not the size of my height...

In the cities life is smaller
Than here in my house on top of this hill.
In the city the big houses shut your sight with a key,
Hide the horizon, push your eyes far away from all the sky,
Make us smaller because they take away what our eyes can give us,
And make us poor because our only wealth is seeing.


Alberto Caeiro

No comments:

Post a Comment